Sunday, August 18, 2013

Vegan Food Pyramid & Juicing


Hey, update time people!  June I took a 2 week vacation (still making progress) however in  July I hit a plateau with exercise (not enough intensity) & dietary changes (I was not really calorie counting & eating vegetarian 75% of the time.  PROGRESS got hung up.
Fortunately my meat loving husband became a vegan in June & looks amazing!!! Plus, he is having an improvement to his health & his insulin units had to be reduced by 7 units! His diabetic cravings no longer dominate or control his dietary choices. His success encouraged me to join the vegan bandwagon July 28.

In 20 days, I have hit an all time record in muscle gain!
I averaged 55lbs of muscle & now I am at 65lbs of muscle!
I have also hit an all time record low in body fat! I lost 10% body fat in 20 days!
My weight dropped 11lbs & I lost 2 sizes in my pants & tops :-)

I am preparing all my own foods. No restaurant food unless it is subway or salad or the rare coffee treat. 99% vegan since July 28 has also lowered  my blood pressure into the healthy zone. I no longer need to take 2 types of bp medicine. I rarely need my bp medicine & I take one pill if it is running high.

I had symptoms that I thought was high bp related but they were side effects of too much bp medicine I didn't need! It took me a few weeks in July to realize this pattern.

So currently ON TRACK WITH MAJOR PROGRESS! I am convinced I will see continued success.

What does eating vegan and juicing look like? Well, I start off my day with a zinger.

STARTER: 1 lemon w. peel & a 1inch piece of ginger juiced * (my juicer is listed in earlier post)

BREAKFAST: Usually Fruity oatmeal, 1 yogurt, or a veggie juice,
 rarely one egg on 1 40 cal slice of bread & half a slice of cheese.

WATER & JUICE: (2 glasses) of water with one JUICE (lately one beet & ginger with 2 red delicious apples every other day or beet,carrot, celery, cucumber blend or beet & watermelon or simply seedless watermelon juiced with a few sprinkles of cayenne pepper)

Lunch (portion controlled): 1 cup of tuna & noodles with onion & mayo or homemade 3 bean chili w. veggies or soup or a sandwich (no cheese typically & 40 cal bread)

WATER & JUICE: (2 glasses) of water with one JUICE (lately one beet & ginger with 2 red delicious apples every other day or beet,carrot, celery, cucumber blend or beet & watermelon or simply seedless watermelon juiced with a few sprinkles of cayenne pepper)

Dinner: Big Salad, or homemade vegetarian curry on white rice (.5cup), homemade 3 bean chili with veggies

WATER & JUICE: (2 glasses) of water with one JUICE (lately one beet & ginger with 2 red delicious apples every other day or beet,carrot, celery, cucumber blend or beet & watermelon or simply seedless watermelon juiced with a few sprinkles of cayenne pepper)or 1 lemon with peel & 2 golden delicious apples)

I love beets, but having them juiced in different ways really is working for me. It is also cost effective & delicious. However, try any juice with a combination of veggie and fruit until you find what works for you.

1 comment:

  1. Hey There. I found your blog using msn. This is a very well written article. I’ll be sure to bookmark it and come back to read more of your useful info. Thanks for the post. I’ll definitely return.
    juicing recipes

    ReplyDelete